for Immediate Release
Contact: Paul Palmer
HX6 3LF .
GREEN ISP, THE ENVIRONMENTALLY GUIDED INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER RATED "BEST BUY" IN SEPTEMBER 2006 by ETHICAL CONSUMER MAGAZINE.
Sowerby Bridge- October 1st, 2006 - Green ISP, announces its award by Ethical Consumer magazine - http://www.ethicalconsumer.org.uk/.
Green ISP is visionary in the way its users choose to be provided Broadband Internet Services.
In the Summer of 2006, Green ISP was awarded "best buy" in an Ethical consumer magazine's ISP special investigating 16 of the most well known providers, Gren ISP came out on top of the list of 16 ISP's including ClraNet, Talk Talk, Telewest and other major suppliers.
As the report stated "three of the 4 top rated ISP's are categorized as small or medium sized operations. Despite this, they have scored much higher marks in our table than companies which have far bigger annual turnovers and can afford to invest in renewable energy resources and ethical business practices".
Green ISP has a vision of being an ISP as energy efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly as it is possible to be, using “renewable energy” technology, Carbon “sequestration” methods, Green ISP recently invested in ½ KW Solar PV electricity generating capacity for main offices.
By using Green ISP, customers are offered connectivity to the internet in the way of Dial-up, ISDN, Broadband, get free e-mail, Web Mail and Web Space, Newsgroups and Feeds, and various other services you now come to expect from any other ISP.
Some of the features that Green ISP offers its users include:
- Plants a Tree for every new Broadband Customer.
- Links to alternative technology and sustainability sites.
- Utilize low power consumption AMD Turion 64, Athlon and Sempron 64 (CPU’s) which have lower power consumption than Pentium 4 processors.
- Increased tree planting capacity (sequestration) by around 85% (now Carbon Positive)
- Investment in ½ KW Solar PV electricity generating capacity for main offices
- Virtually Paper-free office.
- Offices now situated within a 1 minute walk of local Train Station Platform
- Only use vehicles which use fossil based fuels as a last resort.
- Continued support and promotion of organizations which have an aim to reduce their environmental footprint.
- Useful information about environmental issued and other topics.
- Features on environmentalism and green issues.
- Very keenly priced services.
For additional information on Green ISP, their services and what they are doing, visit their web site at http:// www.greenisp.net. You can also contact by phone during normal business hours at 0845 0580659 or using the contact details heading this page.